In some countries, children are exploited
They do repetitive jobs for very low pay
Children are often used in agriculture and factory work
The employment of children is prohibited in other countries
Many people think that children should be free to enjoy their childhood
Governments should make education a priority
They should build new schools
They should supply the resources to educate children
Children need to be given the knowledge and skills for adult life
YOUNG ADULTS DOING MANDATORY COMMUNITY WORK
1. Benefits for involved young adults (age between 18 & 25)
- Learn to stand on their feet : survival skills; become both physically & mentally tough; benefit them in future
- Learn to appreciate disciplines, be well aware Child labour of the necessity to follow oders & instructions, be able to control their mood & to respect their leader
- Hardships create opportunities for them to reveal potential; strengths & qualities
- Good resume (CV)
2. Benefits for community
- Effective way of educating young people about patriotism
- A way of training future leader
- To reduce crime rate among young people.
1. More advanced education systems in developed countries
- University courses in these countries are more job oriented, more responsive to labour market, more integrated in socio-economic development trends, university in most developing countries by contrast are still refer to as “ivory fawers” (tháp tri thức), focusing more Child labour on providing academic knowledge and skills needed by the labour market.
2. Oversea students can access modern technologies, even state-of-the-art ones (công nghệ tiên tiến nhất) and be involved in research project; gain practical skills.
3. More independent and mature
4. Exposure to different culture
1. Culture shock : New climate; New natural & social environment; Homesickness and loneliness
2. Financial difficulties facing private students
3. High cost of living/living cost
LEARNING ENGLISH IN ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES IS THE ONLY WAY TO MASTER THE LANGUAGE ?
1. Studying environment is very important so learn English any time, any space and come naturally.
2. Easily access to native Child labour speakers or teachers; aware of correct accent and pronunciation from the beginning.
3. Experience the foreign culture
1. In other countries which have many English course that have native teachers or not. It is also a effective way to learn English if learning hard.
2. Learning in your own country will be a safer (and cheaper) option than going abroad; less stress and fewer problems in accommodation, expensive tuition and living costs.
TEENAGERS SHOULD DO A WIDE RANGE OF SUBJECTS OR THEY SHOULD FOCUS ON THOSE OF THEIR CHOICE
1. These subject cover all aspects of nature and social life. Students would be Child labour well-equipped with survival skills & academic knowledge for the future lives
2. Doing wide range of subject enables to make better of choice of those they want to focus on.
3. All fields are interrelated; broad background knowledge would be helpful.
4. This make children be difficult to develop their gifts. Teenagers spend most of time in school, so they have no time to learn other subjects.
1. More effective; students better motivated if they were aloud to pursue their interest
2. Spend more time to spend on other subjects; dig deep into each issue : do research, do assignments, field work, experiments, give presentation
- Translate knowledge from Child labour books into their own knowledge
3. Save resources for society
4. No school program, however many subjects it cover, would provide teenagers with enough background knowledge self-study skills are essential.
WEARING SCHOOL UNIFORM
1. Make thing more equal for all students.
2. Equal on an economic level
3. Prevent envy and jealousy about stylish clothes
4. Form friendship based on personality not clothes.
5. Reduce unequal treatment by teachers.
6. Enhance solidarity
7. Encourage the individual students of a school to feel like part of a bigger group.
1. School uniforms limit children to show their individualism in clothes.
2. Some families cant afford those uniforms because it’s too expensive.
LONG OR SHORT VACATION Child labour IN THE YEAR FOR STUDENT
1. Easier for parents to schedule vacations.
2. Hard for parents to make a plan for the time in long vacation: expensive, unsafe for children.
3. Better for economy and tourism.
4. Overcrowded in holiday seasons.
5. Children are better focused on study
1. School buildings are air-conditioned in summer hot.
2. Students can take part in the real world; gaining experiences.
STUDY ALONE OR WITH A GROUP
Advantages of studying alone
1. In case the group don't take studying seriously; distracted, interruptions
2. Absolutely quite
3. Depend on your habits and personality
4. If you are sociable, it‘s too tempted to socialize.
Advantages of studying in a group
1. Exchange Child labour information about the topic : comparing notes, discuss various aspects of a topic; clearer arguments.
2. Focused on studying : good discipline; no wasted time.
What are disadvantages of studying in a group?
SCHOOL SHOULD ASK CHILDREN TO EVALUATE THEIR TEACHERS
1. Help teachers to perfect themselves : Inform teacher of how students react both to their teaching methods and to them as individuals.
2. Encourage teachers, give them confidence.
3. Helpful for school administrators assessment of the quality of their teachers.
4. Good exercise for students; understand better what is expected of them.
5. Teach students responsibility: Give students feelings that they have a voice in Child labour what happen in their schools.
SOME STUDENTS LIKE CLASSES WHERE TEACHERS LECTURE (DO ALL OF THE TALKING) IN CLASS. OTHER STUDENTS PREFER CLASS WHERE THE STUDENTS DO SOME OF TALKING. WHICH TYPE OF CLASS DO YOU PREFER ?
Advantages of lecture
1. Teacher give the student the information at their best.
2. Students gain their experience and knowledge.
Advantages of discussion
1. develop students?T activeness.
2. Develop students?T interactive skill.
3. Teachers feel more comfortable.
4. Students study more effectively:
5. One effective way of studying is: making mistake.
6. Discussion is always a better way for gaining information.
7. Students have to consider the problems right at the class to Child labour know to what extent they understand.
TEACHER SHOULD BE PAID ACCORDING TO HOW MUCH THEIR STUDENTS LEARN
Why shouldn't teachers be paid according to how much their students learn ? how good do their students perform in examinations
1. Students will miss out on a lot of education that cant be measured on a test, because teacher will start to teach only what students need to get high test scores.
2. Some less able students would be disadvantaged. Teachers may ignore students who have learning difficulties because they have to push the majority of the students.
3. On what basis should teachers be paid Child labour ?
DISTERUPT SCHOOL STUDENTS HAVE A NEGATIVE INFLUENCE ON OTHERS. STUDENTS WHO ARE NOISY AND DISOBEDIENT SHOULD BE GROUPED TOGETHER AND TAUGHT SEPARATELY. AGREE OR DISAGREE
we separate disruptive students for the purpose :
1. Limiting their educational opportunities.
2. A sort of prison; never recover from the experience; problems for the wider society.
What is the alternative ?
1. Investigate for the reason
2. The work is too easy
3. Teachers are uninspiring; solution
THE GOVERNMENT OF YOUR COUNTRY IS GOING TO OFFER A NUMBER OF UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS, IN WHICH ACADEMIC SUBJECTS SHOULD THESE SCHOLARSHIPS BE OFFERED TO BENEFIT YOUR COUNTRY.
Why offer scholarships to excellent students committed to Child labour agricultural science and technology ?
1. Vietnam is an agricultural country.
2. The production is limited due to the lack of advanced agricultural technology and farming methods.
3. Vietnamese students would be encouraged and facilitated to acquire advanced agricultural science and technology to apply to the farms and rice fields
4. 70% population would enjoy increased production, higher quality products, more job opportunities, and higher incomes.
Why offer scholarships to excellent students committed to information technology ?
1. Pivotal role of this field in pushing up their economies.
2. Vn enjoy comparative advantages in human resource since our students rank high in international and regional computer science and maths Child labour contests.
3. Ignoring computer science in this IT world, Vietnam would risk lagging behind in the decades to come.
IN SOME COUNTRIES, TEENAGERS HAVE JOBS WHILE THEY ARE STILL STUDENTS. AGREE OR DISAGREE
1. Teenagers who work early are more mature and independent than those do not work
2. they have experience in work, which is useful for their future jobs
3. They have responsibility with money and the labor cost value.
- When they know how hard to earn money, they utilize money more effectively
- They can earn money to buy books, games, or even though spend for school fee, which help their parents to raise them
4. They can Child labour nurture their skills and social knowledge.
1. Negative impact on their learning, and eventually on their grades.
2. Disrupt a teenager’s home life. If they work, they will lack time for playing or sleeping, which results in negative effect on their health.
3. He’s missing out on the fun of being young. He has a whole lifetime in which he’ll have to earn a living
UNIVERSITY STUDENTS SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND CLASSES OR BE OPTIONAL FOR STUDENTS.
Ads of attending the class ?
1. Personal experience can help people learn about themselves and the world outside the classroom, but when it Child labour comes to learning about academic subjects, students need to be in class.
2. In class, students receive the benefit of the teacher’s knowledge.
3. Attending classes on any subject teaches more than just facts. It teaches students how to learn, how to absorb information and apply what they’ve learned to other situations.
4. Teach them how to work with the other members of the class.
5. Teach students responsibility and discipline.
A COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY EDUCATION SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO ALL STUDENTS OR HIGHER EDUCATION SHOULD BE AVAILABLE ONLY TO GOOD STUDENTS. DISCUSS OD WHICH VIEW DO YOU Child labour AGREE WITH ?
Why everyone should have the opportunity to attend college ?
1. Education is a valuable investment in future career earnings.
2. People with college degrees make more money and have more opportunities later.
3. Everyone should have a period to learn about themselves before they begin to work and earn money.
4. College is a time to meet different people, separate from your parents, and begin to define you as a person.
5. Anyone should be given a chance to see how far she can go.
Why tertiary should be available to only good students ?
1. Higher education is very expensive.
2. Might be a waste of money Child labour to send someone to college who might not be able to handle the course work.
3. A big investment of time for studying.
4. A weak student should get a job and earn some money.
LIVE IN UNIVERSITY DORMITORIES, OR APARTMENTS IN THE COMMUNITY ?
Why live on campus their first two years ?
1. freshmen and sophomores need the stability of campus life
2. living on campus makes it easier to get oriented to the way things are done.
3. You get the whole university experience
4. You interact more with other students.
5. The older students in the dormitory can be a big help for the Child labour new students
6. Major task is study.
7. Feel more a part of the university community.
8. More opportunities for becoming involved in university activities and networking with student leaders and university administration.
Why live off campus their last two years ?
1. Juniors and seniors need the independence of off - campus life.
2. Finding an apartment, dealing with leases and landlord’s regulations, cooking meals, and figuring out budgets are all good practice for life after graduation; grow into adulthood.
3. A better perspective on what is going on around them.
WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE THE UNIVERSITY ASSIGN A STUDENT TO SHARE A ROOM, OR WOULD Child labour YOU RATHER CHOOSE YOUR OWN ROOMMATE ?
Advantages of roommate from university assign ?
1. Student should meet new people and be open to new experience.
2. We can change roommate in the next semester if not comfortable.
3. We can play an decisive role when making a list.
4. Someone who is different from us would be interesting.
5. Chance to get a roommate from another culture.
EDUCATION IS RECOGNIZED AS VITAL TO THE FUTURE OF ANY SOCIETY IN TODAY’S WORLD. GOVERNMENTS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD SHOULD MAKE EDUCATION COMPULSORY FOR ALL CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 5 AND 15. AGREE OR DISAGREE ?
Benefits of compulsory education
1. At a Child labour young age, students are unlikely to be sufficiently mature to make sensible decisions about their lives.
2. In today’s society, where increasingly high levels of skills and knowledge are required of the workforce; need at least basic education.
3. The governments provide a basic education for children for free; their parents have nothing to lose.
4. Some parents who do not want to follow the policy do not realize the necessity of a basic education.
5. In fact, a basic education is a major foundation for every career.
Disadvantages of compulsory education
1. Low income families may not be able to afford Child labour to keep their children at school.
2. Children can help bring in much needed income.
3. Compulsory schooling might be psychological damaging for the students who are not motivated to learn
EDUCATION IS A CRITICAL FACTOR IN A COUNTRY’S DEVELOPMENT. OPINION IS DIVIDED. HOWEVER, ON WHETHER A DEVELOPING COUNTRY WITH LIMITED RESOURCES SHOULD GIVE PRIORITY TO IMPROVING AND EXPANDING BASIC EDUCATION FOR THE MASSES OR TO PROVIDING A HIGH QUALITY TERTIARY EDUCATION FOR THE FUTURE LEADERS.
Why should improve and expand basic education ?
1. Everyone born to this world is equal and, hence, is entitled to receiving basic education.
2. Only by improving basic education could Child labour a poor nation encourage its people to discover their potential, which would translate into their knowledge and skills to be employed at work, thus/thereby improving productivity and, ultimately, living standards.
3. It’s common people who make up the largest part of the workforce.
4. The moral question of equal opportunities for everyone. On what criteria can a young person be judged as a potential future leader or just as a common person?
5. Deprive the involved individual of higher education opportunity to explore his/her full potential, and might also deprive the nation of a potential clever Child labour leader.
DESCRIBE THE MAJOR PURPOSE OF EDUCATION IN SOCIETY
1. Well - educated and good citizens.
2. Skillful and qualified workforce.
TOO MUCH EDUCATION IS DANGEROUS. IF PEOPLE RECEIVE MORE EDUCATION THAN THEY NEED TO FUNCTION IN THEIR JOB, IT ONLY BREEDS DISSATISFACTION. AGREE OR DISAGREE
Too much education is dangerous ?
1. Education gives people unrealistic ambitions: the law of the market decrees that not every one can be a managing director.
2. There is very little point in training people for a level of job that they can never hope to achieve.
3. Education is expensive. Over-education is a waste of time and money.
4. Students tend Child labour to be a disruptive influence on society: found at the forefront of radical organisation.
Why should invest in education ?
1. Most countries need a high standard of human resources in order to compete in the world market.
2. Uneducated people unable to show initiative.
3. Constantly changing technology means that the workforce has to be flexible and receptive to new ideas in order to be of value to employers.
4. Moral question: who has the right to say how much education a person is entitled to? What criteria could be used to decide a level of schooling?
EDUCATION IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT Child labour FACTOR IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF A COUNTRY. AGREE OR DISAGREE
Why education is the most important factor ?
1. Education provides basis for other skills.
2. Literacy improves working person’s capability.
3. Creates self/ national respect.
4. Education provides basis for healthy population.
Why education is not the most important factor ?
1. Health is more important than education.
2. Economic development is important, and may only need unskilled workers.
3. Difficult to find enough trained teachers.
TOO MUCH IMPORTANCE IS ATTACHED EXAMS AT SCHOOL. AGREE OR DISAGREE
Why say too much importance is given to exams and that it is time to change the way we monitor out Child labour children’s development at school ?
1. Firstly, I think that the examination system is unfair because sometimes two students with the same ability in a subject get very different exam results. This is because one is much better at taking exams than the other.
2. Apart from this, exam questions often test how much a student has remembered about the things he or she has been taught in the classroom.
3. As a result, students are often encouraged to learn facts by heart, instead of how to use the information and how to think for themselves.
4. Lastly, it seems to me that exams sometimes Child labour have a bad effect on teaching, as teachers are usually judged by the exam results of their students.
5. Consequently, they are often more interested in preparing their students for the exams than in making their lessons lively and stimulating.
PEOPLE SHOULD READ THOSE BOOKS THAT ARE ABOUT REAL EVENT, REAL PEOPLE, AND ESTABLISHED FACTS. AGREE OR DISAGREE
1. The real world is too complicated for children; innocent and inexperienced to know the real facts and understand what is a real life about
2. Comic books will disappear as well as animated films and fiction movies; nothing happens to excite the mind Child labour and spirit.
SOME CHILDREN DO NOT HAVE NATURAL ABILITY FOR LEARNING OTHER LANGUAGES. THEREFORE, THEY SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO LEARN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE. AGREE OR DISAGREE
1. If a child can be fluent in his/her first language, s/he can also be fluent in any other language because of the same brain mechanism.
2. Long term benefits; expose children to another culture, raising their awareness of culture diversity of the world.
3. Essential for work as globalization proceeds; high level job opportunity will be open.
MANY PEOPLE AGREE THAT EDUCATION SHOULD BE COMPULSORY FOR ALL CHILDREN UNTIL A CERTAIN AGE. OTHERS, HOWEVER, ARGUE Child labour THAT CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILY SHOULD BE FREE TO DECIDE WHEN THEY LEAVE SCHOOL. DISCUSS
1. Children are too young to make sensible decisions; leave school early would deprive them of higher education opportunity.
2. Gender equality; discrimination would limit girls access to education, thus hindering socio-economic development
1. Low income families may not be able to afford to keep their children at school.
2. Forced education might be spychologically damaging for those who are not motivated to learn.